- 50% of payment is required three days before the tour.
- You will be issued with a tour voucher that you must present at the beginning of the tour.
- Please contact the organisers for groups of more than eight people.
The Classic Cappadocia Tour programme is designed to cover the most famous sights of the area, making sure travellers get a taste of "classic" Cappadocia.
In addition, some less known but very interesting areas are also included. These have been specially researched and so are less likely to be visited by other travellers.
Classic Cappadocia Tour (Two Days)
Pick-up is from your hotel and then there is a drive to Kaymaklı Underground City which is one of the most visited underground cities of Cappadocia.
Next is a visit to Soğanlı Valley, an open-air museum in a wild natural setting near a typical Cappadocian village, with its unique style cave churches and frescoes.
After lunch, the tour continues to Keşlik Cave Monastery near Cemil village.
The Medrese (Theological School) from the Seljuk Turks in Taşkınpaşa offers evidence of an early and rich Turkish settlement in the town and is used today as a library.
The tour finishes with a visit to Mustafapaşa, an old Greek town with its spectacular old Greek houses and churches, very fine examples of late Greek settlements and architecture.
In the morning, the tour first proceeds to the lunar landscape of Cappadocia: rock formations beyond belief in Devrent valley; walk in UNESCO site Zelve Open Air Museum, a journey in the past with its troglodyte houses, cave mosque and monasteries; visit to Paşabağ "fairy chimneys".
Lunch is in Avanos, centre of terracotta work of art since 3000 BC. You can make your own clay pot after watching a demonstration by a potter in a traditional pottery workshop.
In the afternoon, visit the famous Göreme Open Air Museum and see the best examples of Byzantine art in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings. Stop at Uchisar castle and pigeon valley to take unique pictures of Cappadocian valleys.
Finally there is a photo stop at Ürgüp fairy chimneys.
Tour price includes:
- Guidance by a local licensed tour guide
- Air-conditioned car / van / mini bus
- Entrance fees for museums and sights
- Pick-up from hotel
- Airport transfer
- Drinks during lunch
- Tips to driver and guide
- Tour price excludes accommodation in order to offer flexibility to customers. Hotels of all price ranges are available through the Cappadocia Accommodation pages.
- There are private airport transfers and shuttle bus transfers from Nevsehir Airport and Kayseri Airport to Cappadocia. Please check the Cappadocia Transportation page for details and prices.
- Tour language is English.
- No charges apply for cancellations made before than 72 hours.
- 72 hours before departure date: 50% of tour total charged.
- 24 hours before departure date: 100% of tour total charged.
- Children less than six years old: Free
- Children between 7 and12 years of age: 50% discount